These Terms of Service are between Creativa IP Law LLC, a law practice licensed in the State of Louisiana and you. Your agreement to these Terms is necessary if you wish to participate in the Creativa IP Law Lock It Down Legal Plan.
Acceptance of These Terms: By being a member of the Plan, you accept the Terms. If you do not accept the Terms, please cancel your account.
Changes to These Terms: From time to time, Creativa IP Law may modify these Terms. If such a modification is made, Creativa IP Law will notify you by email. Any changes to these Terms will only apply after the date of such change.
Attorney-Client Relationship: By joining this Plan, you will have an attorney client relationship with Creativa IP Law. An attorney-client relationship will not be formed until you have made payment. If you terminate your membership in the Plan, the attorney-client relationship will end.
Confidentiality: Creativa IP Law has an ethical obligation to keep your information confidential. Unless you give your express, written permission, your attorney will only communicate with you directly about your legal matters.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Lock It Down Legal Plan, you must be at least 18 years of age. Creativa IP Law has the right to reject anyone for any reason, or for no reason at all. If you have a conflict of interest with a current client (as determined by Creativa IP Law), you will not be able to join the Lock It Down Legal Plan.
Program Terms and Conditions
· Unlimited attorney phone calls: You get unlimited phone calls with an attorney on new legal matters. The determination of what qualifies as a new legal matter shall be at the discretion of your attorney. If additional consultation is needed on the same legal matter, that consultation will be billed hourly at the Firm's prevailing rate. Phone calls must be scheduled 24 hours in advance.
· Up to FIVE document reviews: You get up to FIVE document reviews of documents up to ten (10) pages each. Those ten pages are ten pages of text in regular, 12-point typeface with standard margins. The reviewing attorney will provide you with a summary of any legal issues or concerns about the document. Revisions or alterations to the document shall be billed hourly.
· Comprehensive Trademark Clearance Search: If you have been a member for at least three months, you will be eligible to receive one free professional trademark clearance search.
· Discount: Members are eligible to receive a discount on legal services provided by the Firm outside the scope of the Plan. Creativa IP Law reserves the right to determine the eligibility for this discount.
· DMCA Takedown: You get access to a DMCA takedown notice template.
No Litigation: Creativa IP Law and any attorneys affiliated with Creativa IP Law will not represent you in any case, proceeding, arbitration, mediation, or similar legal matter. If such legal action becomes necessary, Creativa IP Law will work with you to secure appropriate legal counsel.
No Guarantee: Creativa IP Law provides no guarantee as to results of any action or action taken on your behalf. All legal advice is provided strictly in an advisory capacity.
Program Fee: The Program Fee is a retainer and is earned when received.
Cancellation: You are free to cancel at any time. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will cancel for you.
Additional Services and Expense: Additional services will be provided to members at Creativa IP Law's prevailing rates. You agree to pay for any agreed-upon services when invoiced. You also agree to pay for any agreed-upon expenses or fees incurred on your behalf.
Termination: You may cancel your account for any reason, at any time. Refunds are given at Creativa IP Law’s sole discretion. Creativa IP Law also has the right to terminate your account at any time, for any reason. If your payment cannot be processed, Creativa IP Law retains the right to immediately terminate.
Entire Agreement: These Terms are the only agreement relating to your membership in the Lock It Down Legal Plan. If you engage Creativa IP Law for legal services beyond those provided in the Lock It Down Legal Plan, those services will be governed by a separate engagement letter.
Severability: If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall be removed from the Terms without affecting the remaining provisions.
Dispute Resolution and Jurisdiction: If a dispute arises relating to any aspect of these Terms between you and Creativa IP Law and if the dispute cannot be settled through negotiation, you agree to discuss in good faith the use of arbitration before resorting to litigation or any other dispute resolution procedure.
These Terms are governed by, and must be interpreted under, Louisiana law, and any court proceedings relating to this agreement must be instituted in Orleans Parish, New Orleans, Louisiana.
Note for Non-Louisiana Residents: Although anyone can join the Lock It Down Legal Plan, it works best for people in the State of Louisiana, where Creativa IP Law is located and licensed to practice law. For members in other states, Creativa IP Law will only be able to provide legal advice regarding copyrights, trademarks, and other issues involving federal law.